Thursday, April 11, 2019

Flashbacks of bipolar mania

Went to a bipolar class today and met some other people local to me who have bipolar.

It's interesting how similar our manic episodes actually are.

I felt like I was in some reality TV show where someone had reprogrammed my brain somehow.

I also had posted a video on Facebook thinking I was in my own zombie apocalypse. That's when I knew I really needed help from the professionals.

I look back on it now and laugh but at the time it was so real to me and must have been scary for my friends and family around me.

I'm going to be going to a local support group next month.

Until then I'm going to research my condition as much as I can in the hope that one day I might be able to become an advocate for others with the disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment