Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Home on leave

So I'm home on leave from hospital finally.

Got to see my precious cats and to find out I've lost my job.

Not a huge surprise as two admissions to mental health hospitals in the past two months kind of makes you a little unreliable.

Doesn't matter that I work for a disability charity and given nearly 20 years of my life to caring for those with learning disabilities and complex mental health issues.

Also the fact that my boss thought a hot kitchen was a safe environment for a known epileptic to work was a tad short sighted.

I have highlighted and blown the whistle on failures in the care system. Especially with in mental health and the severely poor treatment I received in a British Mental Health Facility in the UK where my physical needs were totally disregarded by those in charge of my care.

I will be fully discharged from the service yet again but at least this time I was actually treated with the respect and dignity I deserved this time.

The UK social care as a whole is a complete and utter shambles and feel it necessary to keep bringing it up till it changes

No comments:

Post a Comment