Friday, February 15, 2019

Family and inspiration


Having talked it over with my cousin it's clear now why my family sectioned me.

They panicked. They thought I had lost control. In a way I had. I lost control to their ideals of who they wanted me to be. And they perceived my actions on social media as dangerous.

Instead of talking to me properly.  They yelled and shouted at me. Told me I'm psychotic, that I'm a monster. That I'm delusional with a God complex. Oh and the best one by far. A complete stranger to them.

What they should have done is actually listened to their daughter/wife/sister and realised I needed them to stop putting their issues on to me.

But sadly 95% of families will do the same because they lack the knowledge of what mental health truly is. I feel sad for them. Because they've lost me from their lives.

They could just apologise. But knowing my family and husband that's never going to happen. So I've done what any level headed sensible person would do. Cut ties and move on. It's tough.

But sometimes we have to show people that we are strong with or without them. I'm angry with them and I'm not sure like most of us how long that anger will last. But I'll just keep doing things that make me feel good.

Helping others to make positive steps themselves.

Pointing out that the world and politics is broken.

And above all fighting the system in the UK. I will never back down or stop shouting.

I realised today that my post about mainstream media was just sheer frustration.

Frustration at a world that  doesn't want to listen.

I hope that my story gives people hope to keep fighting.

Hope to eventually believe in themselves enough that if and when they shout loud enough and fight hard enough it will effect change one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment