Saturday, February 9, 2019

Institutionalisation

Now this is a big word with a complex meaning.

Being in hospital long term makes you in to a drone.

Staff tell you when to eat. What personal care you need and when. When to take your meds. How you should behave etc.

Now the upside is its gives you a sense of a normal routine.

However negativity speaking it doesn't actually help you to cope in the outside world.

Over the past few days I've had to readjust my pattern to suit my body. Incidentally the same pattern I've always had.

Yes I'm doing laundry at 11pm so what. That's what my body says is fine.

Who am I truly hurting by doing these things when I feel the need to.

Stopping someone without good reason is actually mentally damaging to them.

You start to question your own sanity when people care too much and smother you.

Heres an idea for us all. Just try to at least relate to what that person might be thinking and feeling.

Who knows we might be able to stop people like me being admitted to hospital and taking up a bed and costing money to the tax payer?

I know a radical idea or is it really?

Look up Beaven and Beveridge on Google. You might actually be surprised to find out what the NHS was founded on and our whole welfare system in the UK.

That's my challenge to the world. Educate yourselves properly before spouting absolute nonsense 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment