Friday, February 22, 2019

Positive Steps

Today I've seen my brother. Someone I met whilst in hospital. He is doing so well and I'm so proud of him.

I've been to see my social worker who is really pleased with my progress. But has reminded me to be kind to myself.

I'm still learning what I can and cannot do.

The anger I had for my family has turned in to sadness. Sadness that they've listened to an abusive man and not their own daughter. Ive said some horrible things but so have they.

I do hope that they find it in their hearts to really listen to me and understand that our family is so badly broken.

I will never give up hope. They're my family. But until they accept help then we cannot have a relationship.

For now I'm enjoying being single again. Enjoying the freedom to choose what I want to do.

I've started legal investigations in to the care I received in hospital. I hope that by sharing my experience that others will benefit from it.

Small steps lead to giant leaps. People who know me say how well I'm looking which is a huge boost to my confidence.

I know I'm living my truth. The path isn't easy and sometimes we have to do it alone. But I have faith in myself. Faith in the fact I'm doing what's best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment