Saturday, February 23, 2019

Learning to love myself and loving the town I live in.

So today I decided to take a leap of faith and go to the seafront in Weston-Super-Mare.

I was reticent at first but meeting people and just saying hello and chatting was a fantastic boost to my confidence.

I'm making new memories all the time. I wont forget my past but what I can do is use it to drive me forward.

My past is giving me the strength to fight even harder.

I will never stay silent. People will challenge my resolve but that's ok. That speaks volumes about their own insecurities in life not mine.

Everyday is a fight for me. Fighting the physical pain and pushing myself a bit further every day.

I'm determined I will never lose my independence again. But now know when to ask for help.

That's the daily fight all of us have. Knowing when to ask and accept help when its offered to us. We need to be cautious of course because if they're a stranger to you and they are very forward and pushing the help on you we have to question their agenda.

Be kind to yourself. Others will follow your example. I have proven this by using social media to throw light on to subjects that we find distasteful or that makes us angry.

I have people daily say I'm a beautiful kind soul. And that means more to me than any song lyrics or piece of art could ever do.

Live your truth and you become a beacon to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment