Friday, February 15, 2019

Learn from your children

Today on my daily ride around the park I saw a baby who's only just found his feet. His mother was holding on to his hood.

He was so interested in myself and my scooter he kept coming to say hello. He was smiling holding my hand and just generally interacting.

His mother was  lovely but she told me in a few words that shes not English. To me that's completely irrelevant. Her son was showing us adults that language doesn't matter.

Young children are experts in reading body language and facial expression.

We teach our children to fear strangers. I agree teach them to be wary. But dont make them so scared that they only communicate through social media or texting apps.

This has given a platform for bullies to attack people 24/7.
Which in turn has led to a rise in the rate of young people committing suicide.

When I was bullied at least I could escape to my home.

Children today with social media and smart phones have no escape at all.

Parents need to be more vigilant in regards to access to social media and texting apps.

Dont suffocate your kids but make proper boundaries.

Parents these days just give children technology to give them peace to carry on with tasks they have to do.

Parents need to make time for interacting properly with their children. Take them to the park. Read a story with them.

The statistics are alarming. We have a generation of children who cannot converse properly but its little wonder when all I see is mums on the bus paying more attention to their phones than their children. 

The other thing I've noticed in the park. Parents pushing their children in prams and smoking at the same time.

That's an extremely selfish and feckless thing to do. It just shows that their addiction is more important to them than their own children. I find that behaviour abhorrent.  People like that dont deserve children if they play Russian roulette with their children's lives like that. As a person who cant have children I would quite happily tell them how stupid they truly are and dont deserve to have children.

So theres my thoughts on my observations today.

No comments:

Post a Comment