Friday, February 8, 2019

Fighting for justice

So I've eluded to the abuse I went through in my early years.

Well the events of the past few weeks have just reinforced to me how important it is that I stand tall and follow this through.

My family and I were terribly let down by Bristol Social services 30 years ago.

My only motive for pursuing it now is to raise awareness in the failings in the system all those years ago.

Lessons need to be learned. And if my story starts a snowball effect then I'm so pleased.

My family and I suffered too long in silence. The elephant in the room.

My mother has chosen to make me the villan by telling others that I blame her. Nothing is further from the truth.

I cannot absolve my parents of the guilt they feel. But they have to stop looking to me for forgiveness.

In my mind there is nothing to forgive. They're victims just as much as myself and my sister.

One day I hope they can forgive themselves and find peace.

I also hope that my sister can see that love doesn't mean making decisions on my behalf when she knows nothing of my daily struggle.

But that's her cross to bear and she needs to reevaluate her life and where she factors in to my journey and path.

Sometimes things happen for a reason. I believe this is a wake up call for me to stop trying to help out in my families drama.

That's their drama not mine and by finally putting my foot down im achieving true inner peace with myself.

It's taken 30 years but I've managed it.

It will be a daily battle to keep strong and not give in to their demands. But I'm strong enough to do this. I have always been strong enough. I just had my faith in myself stripped away by life itself.

I'm a warrior and I shall battle on with those who truly believe in me !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment