Thursday, February 14, 2019

Mainstream media and raising awareness

So after fighting for the last few weeks to raise awareness about how I got treated by the system I'm now sitting back.

It's quite clear to me one persons experiences mean absolutely nothing to anyone apart from those who truly love you. Sometimes it doesn't even matter to blood family as I've discovered myself.

My conclusion is this. One voice doesn't really matter. You get treated as a nut case or deranged or all the other derogatory terms people use for mental health issues.

When it's a celebrity everyone rallies around saying how sad it is.

But when its someone ordinary like me, my voice, my story and my struggles mean nothing to anyone.

So now I'm going to stop.
It's getting me absolutely nowhere.

So I'm going to do what we all do. Carry on with my life pretending this doesn't happen to ordinary people.

It only happens in TV shows or on the news. Or to celebrities who are such brave warriors.

Well heres me flipping the world my middle finger and carrying on with my life.

Thank you world for making me feel so insignificant that I'm giving up using my voice and my vote and whatever else is needed to stand up for what I believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment