Saturday, February 9, 2019

What is addiction?

So the biggest question we all ask what is addiction?

Theres not a simple answer but what I do know is its NOT a disease.

It's a conscious choice where a person uses something to escape the real world and the emotions that comes with it.

I've been addicted to tobacco caffeine and food. But the hardest one of all is giving up trying to change others so they lead a happier life.

Addiction is just an emotional attachment as well as the physical dependency. I've proven that we have control and always have but it's easier to blame others and rely on addiction as an emotional crutch.

I tried to kick too many addictions at once and I failed. The biggest addiction I've given up is helping others before myself.

This is the hardest addiction and battle I'm ever going to fight. Because my mental health tells me that if I try to be what others want me to be I'm losing the one thing I love about me. My compassion.

My passion is to support others to be positive about themselves. I need to stop and listen to myself. Then I can truly be the person I've always wanted to be.

And the ultimate goal for me. Is being content in knowing I'm enough. I will always be enough for me. It's called inner peace and strength.

It's not selfish. It's not ego. People will tell you this because they really hate what they are. And that's why they will try to change you.

I've actually put a stop to these people. The hardest thing for me is stopping my family from changing me in to the villain and the victim.

I've started to gain inner peace. And that isn't an addiction. Its loving yourself first.

Life is meant to be tough. But with strength and inner peace we can truly face everything life throws at us.

Self pity as people call it is selfishness. Its stopping others from truly helping you to find your strength.

I just tell myself daily that each day is a blank page to be written on in the book of our lives. We are the author of that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment